“TAWANG FESTIVAL – CELEBRATING SERENITY”
Nature’s lavish allowances to some parts of the world are beyond description. While even the best of places on earth may not equal your sweet home, certain places on earth may hold your attention with such authority born out of their endless beauty that you may be unwilling to get out of the hold. TAWANG holds you tight with its unparalleled beauty and your senses marvel at the gift of nature displayed in every inch of the land.
Fairs and festivals have always been an integral part of the indigenous communities of Arunachal Pradesh. So this time Department of Tourism,Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh invites you to 3rd “TAWANG FESTIVAL”: The Festival of Dreams, an attempt to promote and showcase tourism potential and the rich heritage of the pristine land.
Join us in our Festivities. Whether it be music or dance, YOU ARE SURE TO PARTICIPATE!!
* Buddhist Religious Functions.
* Traditional Monastic Dances.
* Indigenous Games and Sports.
* Exhibition of Hand loom and Handicrafts.
* Film and Documentaries.
* Traditional Fashion Parade.
* Food Festival and Flower Show.
* Photography & Painting Exhibition.
* Interactive Workshops.
* Cultural Evening & Live Shows.
Organised By: Department of Tourism, Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Buddhist Religious Functions.
- Traditional Monastic Dances.
- Indigenous Games and Sports.
- Exhibition of Hand loom and Handicrafts.
- Film and Documentaries.
- Traditional Fashion Parade.
- Food Festival and Flower Show.
- Photography & Painting Exhibition.
- Interactive Workshops.
- Cultural Evening & Live Shows.
- Adventure Sports
Celebrating Serenity! 4 days of Festival in the world of mystics and Enchanting Beauties- TAWANG, Arunachal Pradesh
Date: Oct 26-29, 2017
Things to keep in mind before traveling
- Every tourist visiting Arunachal Pradesh needs to obtain an Inner Line Permit and a Protected Area Permit which can be collected from Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati or Tezpur airports.
- The weather in the north-east is pretty unpredictable, so be prepared to have delays due to the bad weather.
- Roads that lead to Tawang, especially from Bomdila onwards, aren’t in the best shape.
- Locals are friendly and helpful. Be patient as not everyone will know fluent Hindi or English.
- Most cell phone networks don’t work well, so inform your family or friends about your whereabouts whenever possible.
- Don’t forget to carry some ready to cook food packets or instant noodles if you’re strictly a vegetarian.
- Carry extra batteries, power banks and most importantly warm clothing.
- Keep at least a couple of extra days in hand in case of any problems like landslides and bad weather on your way.
The nearest Domestic Airport is Salonibari Airport, Tezpur, roughly 9six hour drive from Tawang. It is well connected to Kolkata and Guwahati through Air India flight. The nearest International Airport from Tawang is Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport, Guwahati, roughly 480 Kms from Tawang. It is connected with the major cities like Delhi, Imphal, Kolkata, Agartala, Aizawl, Dibrugarh, Lilabari, Silchar, Dimapur, Jorhat and Mumbai.
The nearest railway station is Naharlagun/Itanagar, roughly about 4 hours drive from Bhalukpong. There are daily trains running from Itanagar to Guwhati and Rajdhani express which runs twice a week.
You can book a cab or travel by public transport from Guwahati to Bomdila. Or else if you prefer travelling by the bus then a bus leaves Guwahati at 6 A.M and there is also a night super which leaves at 7 P.M in the evening. The journey from Guwahati to Bomdila takes roughly around 8 to 10 hours depending on the road conditon. The next day you can take a Cab,Tata sumo or a bus which leaves at 6 A.M from Bomdila to Tawang daily.
There are tons of hotels & home stays in Tawang prices ranging from anywhere between Rs 900 – Rs 12000 per night. There are also tents on hire. We would recommend that you book your room at least a month in advance during the festival season.