The nearest International Airport from Siang is Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport, Guwahati. It is connected with the major cities like Delhi, Imphal, Kolkata, Agartala, Aizawl, Dibrugarh, Lilabari, Silchar, Dimapur, Jorhat and Mumbai.
The nearest railway station is Naharlagun/Itanagar. There are daily trains running from Itanagar to Guwhati and Rajdhani express which runs twice a week.
You can book a cab or travel by public transport from Guwahati to Siang.
Planning a visit to Arunachal Pradesh is not a big deal as you can plan it all the year long. Like the rest of north eastern states, Arunachal Pradesh has a healthy and pleasant climate. The state is home to great monasteries, several shrines and pristine lakes which attract thousands of travelers from different parts of the world. Weather wise, the best time to visit Arunachal Pradesh is from October till April, basically the winter months. he maximum temperature reaches up to 35 degree Celsius in summers. Days are quite hot and tiring as compared to night hours. Though, summer is not really good season to travel to Arunachal Pradesh.
||March to june
||18 °C – 35 °C
||july to September
||12°C – 30°C
||November to February
||8°C – 20 °C
Things to keep in mind before traveling
- Every tourist visiting Arunachal Pradesh needs to obtain an Inner Line Permit and a Protected Area Permit which can be collected from Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati or Tezpur airports.
- The weather in the north-east is pretty unpredictable, so be prepared to have delays due to the bad weather.
- Some roads are being converted into double lane so right now they aren’t in the best shape.
- Locals are friendly and helpful. Be patient as not everyone will know fluent Hindi or English.
- Most cell phone networks don’t work well, so inform your family or friends about your whereabouts whenever possible.
- Don’t forget to carry some ready to cook food packets or instant noodles if you’re strictly a vegetarian.
- Carry extra batteries, power banks and most importantly warm clothing.
- Keep at least a couple of extra days in hand in case of any problems like landslides and bad weather on your way.
Day 1 Fly into Dibrugarh, the aircraft skimming over a manicured sea so tea bushes. Afternoon tea- and cucumber sandwiches- at an old style colonial planter’s bungalow
Day 2 -Chug along on a ferry on the Brahmaputra- upstream, and hard going. Sandwiches and beer on board. A warm traditional welcome at Pasighat, the gateway to the valley of the Siang,and home to the Adis. Stay at the Siang House, an excellently maintained Government Guest House.
Day 3 -In and around Pasighat – to the craft centre and the museum. Across the Siang river, and a boat ride away is Mebo, the grainary of the Siang. Visit a Padam village and further on to Aohahi village of Idu Mishmi
Day 4 -Into the hills, following the right bank of the Siang. Cross a fifteen hundred foot long cane suspension bridge at Pangin, one of many such structures that stretch and sway gracefully across the valley.En route visit Kekar Monying the site of the Anglo-Abor battle of 1911. Then trek to Minyong village of Komsing (3/4 hrs). Overnight at village.
Day 5 -Follow the Siyom river to Along the home of Adi Gallongs.Visit to villages and cultural programme in the evening.
Day 6 -Then on to Daporijo. Meet the Hill Miri and Tagin tribes, legendary warriors of yore, and now peaceable farmers., picnic lunch on the river bank. Stay at Daporijo circuit house.
Day 7 Onwards to Ziro, in the valley of the Apa Tanis. Spectacularly forested, this is a unique bio-diversity zone,. The Apa Tanis are famed farmers, originators of a distinctive system of mixed paddy and fish cultivation. Stay Blue pine hotel.
Day 8 -Trek in the Talle valley, returning to a walkabout through an Apa Tani village. Large parts of the Talle valley national park are still unexplored!
Day 9 -Drive to Itanagar, the capital of Arunachal Pradesh. Enjoy the evening with a live band, a bar, and snooker-preceded of course by a long and luxuriant bath. Stay at the Hotel.
Day 10 -Drive to Guwahati and fly out to Delhi/Kolkotta.