The nearest International Airport is Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport, Guwahati. It is connected with the major cities like Delhi, Imphal, Kolkata, Agartala, Aizawl, Dibrugarh, Lilabari, Silchar, Dimapur, Jorhat and Mumbai.
The nearest railway station is Naharlagun/Itanagar, roughly about 4 hours drive from Bhalukpong. There are daily trains running from Itanagar to Guwhati and Rajdhani express which runs twice a week.
You can book a cab or travel by public transport from Guwahati.
The weather in Bomdila is alpine. Summers (April-June) are short and mild, while winters are cold (November-February). It experiences rainfall between July and September.
||March to june
||9 °C – 25 °C
||july to September
||15°C – 27°C
||November to February
||5°C – 15 °C
Things to keep in mind before traveling
- Every tourist visiting Arunachal Pradesh needs to obtain an Inner Line Permit and a Protected Area Permit which can be collected from Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati or Tezpur airports.
- The weather in the north-east is pretty unpredictable, so be prepared to have delays due to the bad weather.
- Roads that lead to Tawang, especially from Bomdila onwards, aren’t in the best shape.
- Locals are friendly and helpful. Be patient as not everyone will know fluent Hindi or English.
- Most cell phone networks don’t work well, so inform your family or friends about your whereabouts whenever possible.
- Don’t forget to carry some ready to cook food packets or instant noodles if you’re strictly a vegetarian.
- Carry extra batteries, power banks and most importantly warm clothing.
- Keep at least a couple of extra days in hand in case of any problems like landslides and bad weather on your way.
Day 1: Arrive at Guahati Airport, the gateway of the East of India ! Drive to Nameri eco camp.This camp in located on the banks of Kameng river on the Assam side in the middle of a countryside,surrounded by tropical jungle. Wake up in the morning with birdsong and hornbill flying over.
Day 2: Drive to Bomdila amidst the environs of lush green forest and orchid gardens. Check into hotel
Day 3: Tour to local markets, craft center, tenga valley tour and visit to monasteries in and around bomdila
Day 4:Drive to Dirang , one of the most beautiful valleys of the region. This place is a fruit lovers paradise. Visit orchards with fruits like apple, peach,kiwi, orange, parcemom,pomegranat, walnut etc. Take a dip in the healing hot sulphur spring in the evening.